1. What dates are available?
- Please check the calendar by clicking the "Book Now" button above.
2. How much is it to rent The Brick?
- Please check the calendar on our website for the facility rental rate for your specific date. In addition to the facility rental rate, other expenses may include bar, bartenders, furniture, linens, security, and sales tax. These items are not included in the rental rate and are described in greater detail below. For events that show a $50 rental rate on the calendar, a minimum of $500 needs to be spent on the rental rate, bar, furniture/linen rental. Sales tax, bartender fees, and security guard fees do not apply toward the calculation of this minimum.
3. What is the cancellation policy?
- Any amounts paid, including the security deposit, are non-refundable upon cancellation.
4. Can we use any caterer?
- Yes. Your caterer will need to sign a Facility Use Agreement before your event in order to cater at The Brick.
5. Can I rent the day before my event?
- No, we do not allow two consecutive dates to be rented.
6. Is there a kitchen?
- No, but there is a large room in back for the caterers to use for set up. It has three five foot long stainless steel tables, two sinks, and a large ice machine. Please no open flame in this room or anywhere on our property.
7. How do we reserve a date?
- You can reserve a date directly on our website, www.thebrick.net. A $500 security deposit is due within 7 days of booking in order to confirm your reservation.
8. How can I pay the deposit and other amounts owed?
- You can mail a check made payable to:
The Brick LLC
PO Box 948
Granger, IN 46530
- You can make arrangements to drop a check or cash off at The Brick or pay with a credit card at The Brick (there is a 3.5% transaction fee to pay with credit card).
- You can pay with a credit card on our website (there is a 3.5% transaction fee to pay with a credit card).
9. How can I submit the contract?
- You sign the contract electronically when you book a date online.
The rental agreement can be found here:
- Or you can make arrangements to come into The Brick and fill out a hard copy if you prefer.
- Or print, scan, and email it to email@example.com
10. Does the $500 security deposit apply toward the rental rate?
- No, the security deposit is in addition to the rental rate. The security deposit will be returned to you within a month after your event, provided that you follow the terms of the Rental Agreement.
11. Is there a discount for not-for-profits?
- No, but we did factor in not-for-profits when establishing our rates for weekday rentals and hope that the pricing is at a level that makes sense for our local not-for-profits.
12. How many people can The Brick accommodate?
- The maximum number of people allowed by the fire code is 425. For a sit down dinner, the number of people that can be accommodated will depend on several factors including the type of tables used, table configuration, buffet style or sit-down dinner, band/DJ size, and dance floor size. Many of our sit down dinner events are 250 people or less, but up to 300 people can be accommodated if some of the factors listed above are adjusted or eliminated to accommodate a larger group.
13. Where is The Brick located?
- The Brick is located at 1145 Northside Blvd. South Bend, IN 46615 between the Farmer's Market and The YMCA along the St. Joseph River. We are 5 minutes from The University of Notre Dame. Directions to The Brick can be found on the Directions tab at our website at www.thebrick.net.
14. Where do we park?
- Parking is available in The Brick's parking lot, the YMCA's parking lot, and the Farmer's Market parking lot. Of course, parking on the street is also always available.
15. On the day that I rent the facility, how long do I have access?
- 10 AM until the bar closes. Music and dancing needs to end at the time the bar closes and clean up should begin. In no event shall the bar close after 3:00 am.
16. Can I get in early?
- We cannot allow access before 10 AM for non-breakfast functions.
17. Can I clean up the next day?
- No. All cleaning must take place the day of your event.
18. How do I get access?
- You will be given a unique code that you can share with your guests and vendors. The door to the bar will remained locked until the bartender arrives which is typically an hour before you have the bar open.
19. Can I use the bar room and patio if we elect not to have an open bar or cash bar?
- Yes! Please note that a bartender will be required while the bar room and patio are in use even if there is not an open bar or cash bar. Please see FAQ 38 for specifics on the cost of a bartender. You may also choose to have a non-alcoholic open bar which is $1.50 per person per hour.
20. Can I use the small upper mezzanine by the main entrance? Can I use the large upper mezzanine?
- Absolutely, you are welcome to use the small mezzanine! Be creative! There are even overhead doors and curtains that can conceal the small upper mezzanine which can make for a nice private area or for a grand entrance when opened. Unfortunately, the large mezzanine is not available for use.
21. Can I use the adjacent soccer fields?
- Yes, however the large overhead door needs to remain closed during events. Bounce houses, fireworks, and sky lanterns are not permitted at The Brick or the adjacent properties, including the soccer fields, the YMCA, the Farmer's Market and along the river. Except on the patio, alcohol is not permitted outside unless we are able to obtain the appropriate permits in advance of your event. Please see our manager for further details and to check availability of the adjacent fields.
22. Can I rent just a portion of The Brick, such as the bar?
- You are welcome to have your event in just a portion of The Brick such as the bar area, however we do not have discounted pricing for events that only use a portion of our facility.
23. When do we pay the rental amount and other expenses?
- The Rental Rate is due at least one year prior to the Event Date or at the time that the reservation is made if less than a year prior to the Event Date. If the Rental Rate is not received by that time, the Deposit will be forfeited and the date will no longer be reserved. All other amounts owed are due at least 30 days prior to the Event Date along with the information on the Addendum to the rental agreement. The Rental Rate and other amounts owed are in addition to the Deposit.
24. Is a security guard required and how much do they cost?
- For events that are using our bar, an off-duty police officer is required beginning at 8 pm and they are $30 per hour. We require a minimum of $90 for the security guard. Please plan on the security guard remaining until at least a half hour after your event. The security guards are hired and provided by The Brick.
25. Does The Brick have air conditioning?
47. What forms of payment do you accept?
- Check, cash, credit card or debit card. There is a 3.5% fee for credit card and debit card transactions.