1. What dates are available?
- Please check the calendar by clicking the "Book Now" button above.
2. How much is it to rent The Brick?
- Please check the calendar on our website for the facility rental rate for your specific date. In addition to the facility rental rate, other expenses may include bar, bartenders, furniture, linens, security, and sales tax. These items are not included in the rental rate and are described in greater detail below. For events that show a $50 rental rate on the calendar, a minimum of $500 needs to be spent on the rental rate, bar, furniture/linen rental. Sales tax, bartender fees, and security guard fees do not apply toward the calculation of this minimum.
3. What is the cancellation policy?
- Any amounts paid, including the security deposit, are non-refundable upon cancellation.
4. Can we use any caterer?
- Yes. Your caterer will need to sign a Facility Use Agreement before your event in order to cater at The Brick.
5. Can I rent the day before my event?
- No, we do not allow two consecutive dates to be rented.
6. Is there a kitchen?
- No, but there is a large room in back for the caterers to use for set up. It has three five foot long stainless steel tables, two sinks, and a large ice machine. Please no open flame in this room or anywhere on our property.
7. How do we reserve a date?
- You can reserve a date directly on our website, www.thebrick.net. A $500 security deposit is due within 7 days of booking in order to confirm your reservation.
8. How can I pay the deposit and other amounts owed?
- You can mail a check made payable to:
The Brick LLC
PO Box 948
Granger, IN 46530
- You can make arrangements to drop a check or cash off at The Brick or pay with a credit card at The Brick (there is a 3.5% transaction fee to pay with credit card).
- You can pay with a credit card on our website (there is a 3.5% transaction fee to pay with a credit card).
9. How can I submit the contract?
- You sign the contract electronically when you book a date online.
The rental agreement can be found here:
- Or you can make arrangements to come into The Brick and fill out a hard copy if you prefer.
- Or print, scan, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Does the $500 security deposit apply toward the rental rate?
- No, the security deposit is in addition to the rental rate. The security deposit will be returned to you within a month after your event, provided that you follow the terms of the Rental Agreement.
11. Is there a discount for not-for-profits?
- No, but we did factor in not-for-profits when establishing our rates for weekday rentals and hope that the pricing is at a level that makes sense for our local not-for-profits.
12. How many people can The Brick accommodate?
- The maximum number of people allowed by the fire code is 425. For a sit down dinner, the number of people that can be accommodated will depend on several factors including the type of tables used, table configuration, buffet style or sit-down dinner, band/DJ size, and dance floor size. Many of our sit down dinner events are 250 people or less, but up to 300 people can be accommodated if some of the factors listed above are adjusted or eliminated to accommodate a larger group.
13. Where is The Brick located?
- The Brick is located at 1145 Northside Blvd. South Bend, IN 46615 between the Farmer's Market and The YMCA along the St. Joseph River. We are 5 minutes from The University of Notre Dame. Directions to The Brick can be found on the Directions tab at our website at www.thebrick.net.
14. Where do we park?
- Parking is available in The Brick's parking lot, the YMCA's parking lot, and the Farmer's Market parking lot. Of course, parking on the street is also always available.
15. On the day that I rent the facility, how long do I have access?
- 10 AM until the bar closes. Music and dancing needs to end at the time the bar closes and clean up should begin. In no event shall the bar close after 3:00 am.
16. Can I get in early?
- We cannot allow access before 10 AM for non-breakfast functions.
17. Can I clean up the next day?
- No. All cleaning must take place the day of your event.
18. How do I get access?
- You will be given a unique code that you can share with your guests and vendors. The door to the bar will remained locked until the bartender arrives which is typically an hour before you have the bar open.
19. Can I use the bar room and patio if we elect not to have an open bar or cash bar?
- Yes! Please note that a bartender will be required while the bar room and patio are in use even if there is not an open bar or cash bar. Please see FAQ 38 for specifics on the cost of a bartender. You may also choose to have a non-alcoholic open bar which is $1.50 per person per hour.
20. Can I use the small upper mezzanine by the main entrance? Can I use the large upper mezzanine?
- Absolutely, you are welcome to use the small mezzanine! Be creative! There are even overhead doors and curtains that can conceal the small upper mezzanine which can make for a nice private area or for a grand entrance when opened. Unfortunately, the large mezzanine is not available for use.
21. Can I use the adjacent soccer fields?
- Yes, however the large overhead door needs to remain closed during events. Bounce houses, fireworks, and sky lanterns are not permitted at The Brick or the adjacent properties, including the soccer fields, the YMCA, the Farmer's Market and along the river. Except on the patio, alcohol is not permitted outside unless we are able to obtain the appropriate permits in advance of your event. Please see our manager for further details and to check availability of the adjacent fields.
22. Can I rent just a portion of The Brick, such as the bar?
- You are welcome to have your event in just a portion of The Brick such as the bar area, however we do not have discounted pricing for events that only use a portion of our facility.
23. When do we pay the rental amount and other expenses?
- The Rental Rate is due at least one year prior to the Event Date or at the time that the reservation is made if less than a year prior to the Event Date. If the Rental Rate is not received by that time, the Deposit will be forfeited and the date will no longer be reserved. All other amounts owed are due at least 30 days prior to the Event Date along with the information on the Addendum to the rental agreement. The Rental Rate and other amounts owed are in addition to the Deposit.
24. Is a security guard required and how much do they cost?
- For events that are using our bar, an off-duty police officer is required beginning at 8 pm and they are $30 per hour. We require a minimum of $90 for the security guard. Please plan on the security guard remaining until at least a half hour after your event. The security guards are hired and provided by The Brick.
25. Does The Brick have air conditioning?
26. Can we bring our own alcohol? Are minors allowed in the bar or patio? Do you serve shots or doubles?
- No, liquor law requires all alcohol to be provided through us. Violators will be expelled, the security deposit will be forfeited, and additional penalties will be incurred if outside alcohol is brought anywhere on our property. Also, liquor law does not allow for minors to be in the bar or patio area. Minors are welcome in the main hall. The Brick does not serve shots or doubles.
27. Can we do an open bar or a cash bar or some sort of combination?
- Yes. Please contact our manager to make arrangements.
28. Can we have the bar temporarily closed during dinner?
- Yes, you may have the bar closed any time. There is a line on the addendum where you can indicate what times that you would like the bar closed. You will not be charged for drinks while the bar is closed, however you will be charged for bartenders' time while the bar is closed.
29. How much is an Open Bar?
- It is priced per person per hour. There are two options: 1) Beer, Wine, & Spirits Option which is $6.50 per person per hour & 2) Beer & Wine Option which is $4.50 per person per hour.
- There is a 4 hour minimum for open bars.
- Children are a flat $5 each regardless of the length of time that the bar is open. They do not need to be included in the per person head count for the open bar.
30. What Spirits do you have?
- We usually have the following spirits or something similar: Tito's Vodka, Smirnoff Vodka, Raspberry Vodka, Tanqueray Gin, Jack Daniel's Whiskey, Maker's Mark Bourbon Whiskey, Glenlivet Whiskey, Malibu Rum, Captain Morgan Rum, Bacardi Silver Rum, Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua, Tequila, and cordials.
31. What variety of wines are included in the Open Bar?
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Red Blend, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, and Moscato wines.
32. What else is included in the Open Bar?
- All soda and mixers are included in an open bar.
33. What beers are included in the Open Bar?
- Typically we have Miller Lite, Coors Lite, and rotating craft beers. Please check with our managers if interested in the specific beers that we have on tap.
34. Can we request different spirits, wine, and beer?
- Yes, we may be able to accommodate your spirits and beer requests, but unfortunately, we cannot accommodate specific wine requests. Please speak to our manager for further details. Requested beer and spirits may require an additional charge.
35. How much is a Cash Bar?
- Prices range from $3 to $7 per drink.
36. During dinner, can we have our guests served wine and/or champagne at their table?
- Yes. We refer to this as Table Service. You will need to coordinate with your caterer to provide the staff to serve the wine and/or champagne. The staff needs to be licensed bartenders in the state of Indiana. Your caterer will also need to provide the glasses for the wine and champagne. The wine needs to be purchased through us. All of our house wines are available for $15 per bottle. We also have a Reserve Wine List that has additional wines that can be purchased for Table Service. Table Service wine needs to be ordered at least two weeks in advance of your event.
37. Who is responsible for providing the guests water and coffee at the table during dinner?
- Like Wine & Champagne Table Service, we ask that you coordinate with your caterer to be responsible for the water and coffee at the table during dinner. This includes providing the glasses and filling the glasses.
38. How much is a bartender and how many bartenders are required?
- A bartender is $20 per hour. Please include a half hour before the bar opens for set up and a half hour after the bar closes when calculating the bartender's hours. We require a minimum of $80 per bartender per event on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays and $40 per bartender per event on all other days. 2 bartenders are required for events under 100 guests; 3 bartenders for events with 100-149 guests; 4 bartenders for events with 150-199 guests; and 5 bartenders for events with 200 or more guests.
39. Do I need to pay for the bartenders before my event?
- Yes, all expenses need to be paid before your event. Please estimate this expense and include it with your payment. If the actual amount is less than estimated, we will refund the difference with the Deposit. If the actual amount is more than estimated, we will deduct the difference from the Deposit. If the Deposit is not sufficient to cover the difference, then you can pay the difference to us after your event.
40. Are tips required at The Brick?
- Tips are not required but they are much appreciated by the bar staff. Tipping is left to the judgment of the guests and client.
41. Can alcohol be served on Christmas Day?
- No, sorry. Indiana law prohibits us from selling alcohol on Christmas Day.
42. Do you have tables and chairs?
- We have thirty 60-inch round tables which seat 8 to 10 people, twenty 26-inch by 26-inch high top tables that are 41-inches tall, ten 96-inch by 29-inch rectangular tables which seat 6 to 8 people, and 300 clear Chiavari chairs. Tables are $10 a piece and chairs are $5 a piece. We also have 300 optional black cushions for the chairs and over 40 metal stools that are available for your use at no additional charge. The tables and chairs will be in the main hall, but you will need to place them in your desired configuration. If you rent tables and chairs from us, they can be left as-is at the end of your event. If you rent tables and chairs from an outside rental company, please make sure that those items are removed by 9 AM the day after your event. Outside rental companies may charge extra for Sunday pick up. Pictures of our furniture can be seen in the Photos tab of our website in the album titled "Our Tables, Chairs & Barstools."
43. Do you have linens?
- Yes. A linen set is $25 per table and for a round table it includes a Black, White or Ivory 120 inch round table cloth, a 62 inch square overlay table cloth or a Black, White, Ivory, or Sandalwood 72 inch square overlay table cloth (we recommend the 72 inch overlay), and 10 napkins. For a rectangular table, a linen set includes a Black, White, or Ivory 90 inch by 156 inch table cloth and 10 napkins. The 62 inch square overlay table cloth and the napkins are available in over 20 different colors. The colors can be seen at http://monarchlinen.com/swatches. The linens will be in the main hall, but you will be responsible for placing your linens at the tables. If you rent linens through us, they can be left as-is at the end of your event.
44. Do you have plates, silverware, glasses, sound systems, microphones, podiums, TV, projectors etc?
- We have glasses for the bar, but you will need to provide the glasses at your tables for water, coffee, wine, and/or champagne. We do not have plates, silverware, podiums, or a projector. We do have a microphone and small speaker for events under 100, a portable flat screen TV with wireless cable and a mounted flat screen TV in the patio area. We also have multiple Sonos speakers that can link wirelessly to your device to play your desired playlists. There is no additional cost for any of these items. Please see our manager for further details.
45. How and when does the rental company need to pick up the rented items?
- Please make sure that the rental companies pick up the rented items by 10 AM the following day. Please keep in mind that the rental companies charge a break down fee if the furniture is not broken down.
46. How clean do we need to leave it?
- Please remove all items that you bring into The Brick including empty boxes, rented items, decorations, and tape on the walls. Empty boxes can be broken down and placed in our dumpster. Please note that confetti is not permitted.
47. What forms of payment do you accept?
- Check, cash, credit card or debit card. There is a 3.5% fee for credit card and debit card transactions.